Today I am going to share a recipe with you for Orange Cake with Orange butter icing...its my favourite recipe at the moment....yummy, yum, yum!!!
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 250g Plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
300g caster suger
- 125ml milk
- 125ml orange juice
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Orange food dye
Ingredients for the Orange Butter Icing:
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 250g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Grease and flour 2 20cm round cake tins.
3. In a measuring jug combine the milk, orange juice, oil, beaten eggs and orange zest and leave to one side.
4. Sift flour, salt and bakin powder into a large bowl with food dye for an extra bright colour! Mix in the sugar. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Divid cake mixture between the 2 prepared tins and bake in the centre of a reheated oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Then allow it too cool!
6. To make Orange Butter Icing: cream the butter until smooth and gradually beat in icing sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the orange juice to bring to a spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla and orange zest and spread over the cooled cakes!
7. Eat it all up while making 'yummy' noises while munching!
So thats the O blog - Orange cake with Orange Butter icing. You may alsobe interested to know that Orange is my favourite colour...#ExtraCrapYouNeverWantedToKnow :)