F is for Flapjacks!
Firstly I apologise for the few extra hours it has taken to upload this......technically I missed Saturday but I'm a bit unique as you may know so figured maybe you would be a bit sad about having Sunday off and having nothing to read so TAAA-DAHHHH! My day late F blog to keep you amused! And it's. good one for a lovely Sunday chill....this is my favourite recipe for making flapjacks!
YOU WILL NEED....
1x chefs hat (if you don't have one you can fashion one out of a pillow case!)
300g unsalted butter
75g caster sugar
120g golden syrup (6 tablespoons)
250g jumbo rolled oats
200g quick-cook oats
1. Put on chefs hat.....for a measure of how good you look compare your image with the Swedish chef from the Muppets.
2. Preheat the oven to 190C /gas 5 and line a large baking tin with baking paper.
3. Melt the butter in a small pan with the sugar, syrup and a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine, then take off the heat and stir in the oats. STIR STIR STIR!
4. Press evenly into the tin and bake for 25 minutes for chewy, 30 minutes for crunchy! Make sure you leave in there until set and golden.
5. Allow to cool completely in the tin, but cut into squares a few minutes after they come out of the oven, before they harden and it becomes a mission to cut neatly!
6. Take out to share with others while wearing you chef hat so everyone knows the lovely scrummy flapjacks were made and created by you!
(7. Secret number 7....stash a few back for yourself to munch before they all go....and they will cos they are seriously yum!)
Note....you can add raisins or cranberries etc for more flavour and you can add yoghurt to the top to make a crazy healthy but crazy yummy snack! They is well delish and I hope you have fun making and eating! I do every time! Let me know how they turn out!
Ok mwah loves you all! #FeedYourFace #ISeeChubbinessInOurFutures :)
Ps. You might be interested to know that one time when I did a tandem skydive someone paid be £25 to shout the word flapjack randomly as I jumped from the plane. I did and the money went to charity! What would you have paid me to say? Or have you been paid e tea at a charity event to do anything weird or wacky?